SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by the Alec Baldwin of SoundNotion and the strongest beard in new music Rob Deemer. He’s for the occasional cheeseburger when planning a new music meal. We suss the difference between entertainment and pandering.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by the Alec Baldwin of SoundNotion and the strongest beard in new music Rob Deemer.
- This week at NewMusicBox, Rob wonders about the benefits of the occasional cheeseburger in your new music diet.
- The Minnesota Orchestra is in deep doo doo and losing players at an alarming rate. Vänskä has threatened to leave if the dispute is not settled soon.
- St. Paul is back to work, but nobody’s happy.
- Prince Fielder (he’s a baseball player) has gone mostly Mozart for his walk up music.
- In case you didn’t hear about it this week, Andrew Bott, the brave principal of a failing Massachusetts school, turned things around by firing the security guards and hiring art teachers.
- A never-recorded 1963 song text from Bob Dylan goes on sale. Got $50,000 laying around?
This week on SoundNotion, orchestra business consultant Drew McManus discusses current trends, conflicts and lockouts-PLUS-A political poll (scary for Halloween), Billboard Hot 100 gets Gangnamstyled and Rob Deemer likes lists (also scary for Halloween).
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, orchestra business consultant Drew McManus discusses current trends, conflicts and lockouts-PLUS-A political poll (scary for Halloween).
- Beethoven’s music theory homework gets a world premiere at Manchester University and Reuters is ON IT.
- The Billboard Hot 100 revamps their system and gets Gangnamstyled for their trouble.
- Against advice of friends and family, #FoTS Rob Deemer is getting “listy” again. What composers would you choose?
- German composer Hans Werner Henze dies at 86.