SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Star Wars: Episode VII
In this episode, we interview John Ottman, composer of the film X-Men: Days of Future Past, discuss what we’ve been listening to this week, look at headlines of film music concerts, new scoring assignments, and cool videos.
- The two new Star Trek films will be going on a concert tour.
- The Pacific Symphony will play a concert consisting of concert works of film composers.
- Mychael Danna receives Richard Kirk Award.
- Michael Giacchino will score Jurassic World.
- Michael Giacchino denies Star Wars rumors.
- Cool short video about Desplat’s score to Godzilla.
- A cool short about Kevin Kiner’s music for the new show Star Wars: Rebels
- Bill’s been listening to Dennis the Menace (J Goldsmith), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (H Zimmer), Meteor Man (Cliff Eidelmann), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (K Kiner)
- Kevin’s been listening to Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Kevin Kiner), Godzilla (Desplat), Hannibal (Brian Reitzell)
- Interview with John Ottman
In this episode we talk about the Oscars, JJ Abrams’ new Star Wars and who will score it, a few headlines, and what we’ve been listening to lately. Oh, and Happy Birthday John Williams!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Daniel Licht “The Art of Writing a Television Score.”
- Golden State Pops Orchestra to have an all-Alan Silvestri concert on 2/16/13.
- Petra Haden (violinist, vocalist) covers film themes; full album stream here.
- We’ve been listening to Safe, House of Cards, How to Train Your Dragon
- New Star Wars VII directed by JJ Abrams; who should write the score?
- Oscar Nominations for music