SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Steinberg
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by Daniel Spreadbury (AKA Papa SMuFL), product marketing manager for Steinberg’s new engraving software Dorico. We cover details of the platform, how Dorico thinks about music differently, and our nerdiness.
This week, we’re joined by cellist and scordatura appropriator, Hannah Addario-Berry to discuss her album of new works for cello using the scordatura from the Kodály Sonata for Cello. Plus, price and release date coming for Steinberg’s new scoring app.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by the Product Marketing Manager for Steinberg‘s in-development scoring application Daniel Spreadbury (AKA Papa SMuFL). Things get nerdy fast in this interview and that’s the way we like it.
Steinberg Product Marketing Manager Daniel Spreadbury (aka Papa SMuFL) fills us in on what’s coming in this new notation program…that will blow everything else out of the water!
- Steinberg Product Marketing Manager Daniel Spreadbury (aka Papa SMuFL) fills us in on what’s coming in this new notation program…that will blow everything else out of the water! You can even contact him if you have thoughts on what features it should include.
- Sadly, Henri Dutilleux leaves us at the age of 97.
- RIP Ray Manzarek.
- #FotS Kerry Andrew has a new chamber opera premiering July 19. Watch the promo video!
This week on SoundNotion, R. Andrew Lee shares Dennis Johnson’s November along with a discussion of marathon minimalism, notational news from Steinberg, new and novel alternative notation tools, and digital distribution’s boost to the music industry!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- R. Andrew Lee brings us all 5 hours of Dennis Johnson’s legendary piece November as transcribed by Kyle Gann, and only asks that you refrain from snoring.
- Daniel Spreadbury (formerly of the Sibelius UK team) is back to blogging about music composition and notation software. All is right with the universe again. They’re soliciting input from musicians.
- Isaac Schankler lays it out for us on NewMusicBox, sharing Notational Alternatives like MuseScore, LilyPond/Abjad, JMSL and INScore/MaxScore and many more.
- The IFPI has released their annual Digital Music Report. Spoiler Alert: recorded music revenues grew(!) for the first time since 1998!