SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Stephen Paulus
This week SoundNotion, we discuss the Grammys, some steps in the right direction for women composers, how the performance by YOLA at the Super Bowl disappointed the tux and tails crowd and say goodbye to some composing greats.
- Goodbye Steven Stucky. You are well loved.
- Congrats to the 2016 Grammy Award Winners
- Met to Stage Its First Opera by a Woman Since 1903.
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra appoints Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla as music director. You say her name like this.
- Classical music press was not impressed by YOLA in the halftime show.
- Buy this great female composer t-shit form Juice Vocal.
- RIP Leslie Bassett.
This week on SoundNotion, composer John Supko joins the panel with his new album “s_traits” available November 4, 2014. Also, Klinghoffer fervor can stop already, Maestro Levine bags number 2500, 12 new Music Alive grants, and remembering Stephen Paulus.
- This week on SoundNotion, composer John Supko joins the panel. He collaborated with his Duke colleague Bill Seaman to create “s_traits” available November 4, 2014.
- The album is the product of custom software combining tracks drawn from a database of than 110 hours of audio.
- The release event will feature musicians from Wet Ink Ensemble improvising alongside Seaman’s bearings_traits audio software and programmed generative video.
- Maestro Levine takes the podium takes the podium for number 2500 with The Met.
- League of American Orchestras and New Music USA announce 12 new Music Alive grants pairing composers and orchestras.
- Klinghoffer premiered. Moving on…
- For the sax nerds: Author of the iconic Baker Street sax solo Raphael Ravenscroft dies at 60.
- Legendary theorist Allen Forte dies at 87.
- And the music world loses influential composer Stephen Paulus at 65.