SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: synths
In this episode, Max Tfirn stops by to talk about turning images into sound, electromagnetic mics, ambient noise jams, and carting all the gear to gigs. Plus news from NAMM, and Ben explains bitcrushing.
- In this episode, Max Tfirn stops by to talk about turning images into sound, electromagnetic mics, ambient noise jams, and carting all the gear to gigs.
- We discuss his pieces Invisible Signals, Establish Corrupt Broken, and Through Noise Comes Being.
- Antelope Audio has created their first ProTools HD compatible interface, the Orion 32HD!
- Behringer’s DeepMind synth is now shipping.
- UVI has just upgraded their World Traditions library to World Suite.
- Ben explains bitcrushing for this month’s 2 minute challenge.
This month, Ben and Nate talk to Dr. Chet Udell about the Kickstarter for his eMersion controllers, the Margaret Guthman Competition, and an extended look at the amazing stuff announced at NAMM. Also, AVID gets delisted from the NASDAQ, and Nate tackles waveforms.
- Great new products coming out! Moog’s new Theremini (Ben’s got one coming in the mail!) and SUB 37 (where EVERY FREAKING POSSIBLE CONTROL IS MIDI CONTROLLABLE) and Korg is reissuing the ARP Odyssey (to release in September 2014)
- Also, Roland’s AIRA system looks like it is allkindsofawesome!
- And for software – McDSP has released their plugins in Reason as Rack Extensions, Cakewalk’s ZETA synth is now on iPad, DarkSynth (a Max/MSP based additive synth) is available for Ableton Live, and Bitwig Studio (Win/Mac/Linux competitor to Ableton) gets a release date. Also, AVID gets delisted from the NASDAQ!
- We talk a little about Andy Farnell‘s interesting Pd-contextualized approach to Designing Sound.
- Dr. Chester Udell joins us to talk about the eMersion Gesture Control System, his experience at the Margaret Guthman Musical Instrument Competition, and much, much more!
- Nate takes 120 seconds to touch on synthesizer waveforms.