SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: The Hollywood Reporter
In this episode we interview Craig Safan (The Last Starfighter), look at the Hollywood Reporter composer round table discussion, Golden Globe winner Jóhann Jóhannson, what we’ve been listening to, and our predictions for the 2015 Oscars.
- Congrats to Golden Globes winner Jóhann Jóhannsson, for The Theory of Everything.
- John Williams cancels appearance with San Diego Symphony due to illness.
- Hollywood Reporter round-table discussion with Zimmer, Beltrami, Reznor, Elfman, Powell.
- Guesses for 2015 Oscar nominations.
- New CD releases: King Solomon’s Mines 2CD (J Goldsmith), The Last Starfighter extended release (C Safan)
- Bill has been listening to The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies (Shore), The Flash (Neely), and Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (Williams).
- Kevin has been listening to Big Eyes (Elfman) and The Theory of Everything (Jóhann Jóhannsson).
This month, we interview Cloud Atlas composer and 2013 Golden Globe Nominee Reinhold Heil, as well as look at some film music news regarding the Hollywood Reporters Composer Roundtable, the scores to Man of Steel, The Lone Ranger, and The Great Gatsby.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Six composers interviewed in roundtable for The Hollywood Reporter.
- Hans Zimmer has completed his score to Man of Steel.
- Hans Zimmer is NOW the composer on The Lone Ranger; replaces Jack White.
- Jay-Z to compose score for The Great Gatsby.
- Bill has been listening to The Hunger Games and the Conan the Barbarian 3CD reissue.
- Kevin has been listening to My Week with Marilyn and Home Alone.