SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: The Rest is Noise Festival
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by orchestra business guru Drew McManus. We discuss the departure of Osmo Vänskä in Minnesota, the final demise of New York City Opera, the orchestra strike in Germany and the success of the Rest is Noise Festival.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by orchestra business guru, web design hero, arts job matchmaker, best-dressed panelist, and long-time friend of the show Drew McManus.
- He stopped by to discuss the the departure of Osmo Vänskä in Minnesota and what it means for the future of the group and its fans.
- Drew rolls up his sleeves for a grizzly post-mortem following New York City Opera‘s bankruptcy filing.
- The Berlin Philharmonic leads a country-wide, one-day strike of over 100 orchestras.
- And even the stagehands are getting in on the Orchestramageddon action at Carnegie Hall. However, the brief strike has already been resolved.
- BUT WAIT – There is some good news for orchestral music this week over at Jessica Duchen‘s blog. Southbank Centre‘s The Rest is Noise Festival is going gangbusters and bringing in new audiences.
- BUT WAIT (again) – According to Bob Shingleton at On An Overgrown Path, the news is not that great and the audiences not that new.
- And lastly, don’t forget to nominate us for People’s Choice Podcast Award this week in the Cultural/Arts category. That would be very cool of you. Thanks.