SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Thom Yorke
This week on SoundNotion, we let the fanboy flag fly with a “?review?” of Radiohead’s newest studio album A Moon Shaped Pool. We talk electronics, polyrhythmic inflections, string articulations, and how even Radiohead can do a love song.
This week we’re joined by composer and founder of the I Care if You Listen blog and iTunes Newsstand magazine of the same name, Thomas Deneuville. PLUS Thom Yorke leaves Spotify, Biophilia on Android at last and the Emerson String Quartet’s new member.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer and founder of the I Care if You Listen blog Thomas Deneuville.
- We discuss his new Apple Newsstand magazine of the same name. It’s the first Apple Newsstand magazine to focus exclusively on contemporary classical music, tech and the arts.
- He is our #PoTW composer, and he’ll have a new opera produced by Underworld Productions Opera in May of 2014.
- Bjork’s Biophilia is FINALLY out for Android.
- Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich pull their content from Spotify and aren’t afraid to say why. Spotify pleads innocence.
- Alexander Pereira will take over as general manager of Teatro alla Scala and will begin a year earlier than announced in June.
- The Emerson String Quartet has its first personnel change since 1979. Congrats to Paul Watkins.
- We didn’t get around to it on the show, but #FoTS Rob Deemer has a great piece on NewMusicBox this week. You should check it out.
Composer Daniel Felsenfeld discusses Music After (an all day event for composers who lived through the 9/11 attacks), the bold musical life of Jennifer Choi, fisticuffs between the AMF and the Louisville Orchestra and the utility of program notes.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Music After takes place September 11th, 2011 at Joyce SoHo from morning until after midnight. Feel free to give all your money to this great event – through PayPal or check at musicafter.com or by donating at indiegogo.com.
- Jennifer Choi is all that and a bag of awesome. NewMusicBox profiles her career as an artist willing to take on anything and everything.
- How do you feel about program notes? The Locrian Chamber Players make it a point to not give them to you.
- MTT and the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra are embracing new media by opening a portal to content that will soon be available on the web. Are they getting on the bandwagon late?
- The Louisville Orchestra is failing in many, many ways. Will they really hire non-union musicians?