SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Thorium Bowman
In this episode, Ben and Nate talk to Nathaniel Bartlett about 3D audio, Linux, mic setups for marimba, and generally geek out. Then Ben talks about bit depth. Plus, product news.
- AKAI iMPC-Pro is out – get your drum machine on on the iPad
- Speaking of iPad’s, is their lack of knobs getting you down? Tuna Knobs has a kickstarter for you!
- Moog’s Werkstatt Synth is out – build your own Moog Mono Synth! (while supplies last)
- Ableton has a maintenance update out for Live.
- American Keyworks has released the Thorium Bowman, a Keyboard you can bow! (Ben wants one).
- Our guest this week, Nathaniel Bartlett, shares with us some of his expertise:
- We discuss his Linux-based performance and recording rigs (Pd, Ardour, EndPCNoise).
- Omni mics may be the secret (or maybe not so secret) weapon in your next live rig.
- Marimba + Computer in real 3D sound!
- We spend time with his Sound-Space Audio Lab (SSAL) and some of his works.
- Much, much more! (see his website and Facebook)
- Ben takes on Audio Bit Depth in 120 seconds!