SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Tim Rodier
In this episode we look at Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, and Patrick Doyle in the news, talk about the sound mix issues surrounding Interstellar plus our thoughts on the score, and interview orchestrator and Omni Music Publisher owner Tim Rodier.
- Is Patrick Doyle the strongest Marvel composer so far?
- Howard Shore talks Hobbit and SNL
- Howard Shore interview in the Hollywood Reporter
- Hans Zimmer talks Interstellar
- Interesting Slate article/interview with Hans Zimmer
- Christopher Nolan addresses the sound/music mix of Interstellar
- A review of a Danny Elfman concert performed by the Columbus Symphony
- A list of live LOTR performance in April
- Bill’s been listening to Interstellar, 12 Years a Slave (both by Hans Zimmer), and Kevin’s been listening to Interstellar, Psycho (Herrmann), The Stand (W.G. Snuffy Walden), World War Z (Beltrami)
In this episode we look at the drama that unfolded because of Bruce Broughton’s Oscar nomination for best song. Also, new soundtrack albums and Hans Zimmer’s new competition, and Kevin and I helped publish the full score to Elfman’s Batman!
- Bruce Broughton’s Oscar nomination for best song has been removed from consideration.
- Good luck to all Oscar nominees on March 2nd!
- Michael Giacchino will compose additional music for the DIsney Land Ratatouille Ride.
- Alan Silvestri will write music for a Back to the Future Musical
- Hans Zimmer “Wants You” for a new Competition
- Happy 100th birthday ASCAP!
- Just published: Batman (Danny Elfman) full orchestral score now available.
- Bill saw and heard the score from G.I. Joe Retaliation, by Henry Jackman, and Pain and Gain, by Steve Jablonsky.
- Kevin saw and heard Sherlock Series 3, by Michael Price and David Arnold.
- New Releases on CD: In Country (James Horner), Delirious (Cliff Eidelman), Necessary Roughness (Bill Conti), Meteor (Laurence Rosenthal), Monuments Men (Alexander Desplat), Superman: The Animated Series 4CD (Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion & Lolita Ritmanis and Shirley Walker), Robocop (Pedro Bronfman).