SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Time for Three
Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Jennifer Higdon joins the panel to discuss “Concerto 4-3”, the Baltimore Symphony’s redress, the Milwaukee Symphony’s balanced budget, Amanda Palmer paying musicians with beer & hugs and the legacy of William Duckworth.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Jennifer Higdon joins the panel to discuss “Concerto 4-3”, commissions, collaborations and upcoming performances.
- Frank Oteri at NewMusicBox considers the strange brew of pieces found at concerts these days and a modern-day exquisite corpse.
- Kyle Gann remembers William Duckworth (1943-2012).
- Musical kids make smarter grown-ups.
- Amanda Palmer wants you to play on her tour for beer and hugs; she’ll keep the 1.2 million she got on Kickstarter.
- The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra has a balanced budget.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is getting some new threads thanks to Parsons, The New School for Design.