SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Tyler Bates
In this episode we look at the recent Emmy winners and nominees, talk about Danny Elfman’s newest assignment, a new repertoire for conductor Gustavo Dudamel, and look at what Bill and Kevin have been listening to.
- Alan Silverstri wins an EMMY for Cosmos: “Music composition for a series (original dramatic score): “Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey: Standing Up in the Milky Way,” Fox and NatGeo. (He won in 2 categories: music for a series and “outstanding original main title theme music”)
- FOTS Michael Price and David Arnold win an EMMY for Sherlock: His Last Vow “Music composition for a miniseries, movie or special: “Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece),” PBS.
- FOTS Jeff Beal (and fellow Emmy nominee) signs with G. Schirmer
- Danny Elfman to score “Fifty Shades of Grey“
- Happy Birthday Scott Glasgow, another FOTS
- LA Phil Gala on September 30 to honor John Williams. Dudamel will conduct Star Wars.
- BIll and Kevin have been listening to The Raid 2 (Joseph Trapanese, Fajar Yuskemal, Aria Prayogi), Guardians of the Galaxy (Tyler Bates), Orange is the New Black Seasons 1-2,(Scott Doherty, Brandon Jay, Gwendolyn Sanford), Hemlock Grove Season 2 (Nathan Barr), Empire of the Sun 2CD (J Williams), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (John Powell), Inside Llewyn Davis (T Bone Burnett and Marcus Mumford)