SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: UC Santa Cruz
In a very special episode of Patch In, Ben and Nate talk with David Cope, creator of EMI and Emily Howell, the two composing AIs that he created, style, the nature of musical creativity, and breaking the rules. Also, NAMM, and Ben explains noise.
- In a very special episode of Patch In, Ben and Nate talk with David Cope, creator of EMI and Emily Howell, the two composing AIs that he created, style, the nature of musical creativity, and breaking the rules.
- NAMM has been showcasing some killer products, here’s some highlights.
- Keith McMillen has introduced the K-Mix – a programmable mixer/controller/8×10 interface (96k, 24bit), with built in effects and a FREAKING SURROUND ENCODER FOR $600!
- Moog is building a number of modular synths! If you have tons of money and space, they sound amazing.
- Speaking of Moog, they’ve released an update to the Theremini firmware allowing for advanced mode.
- Want a thunderbolt interface? Checkout Focusrite‘s new Clarett range! They’ve also updated their RED plugins for AAX format – free for existing, registered users.
- ProTools 12 is coming. It includes cloud storage and collaboration tools (for a fee), a new purchase model similar to Max/MSP (buy outright, or yearly or monthly licenses). They’re also plugging the AVID marketplace as a way to share tracks, get collaborators to lay down other instruments, buy plugins, and sell your work. They’re also introducing a new, FREE version, ProTools First – more on that when we get more info.
- Teenage Engineering, makers of the super cool OP-1 synth have three new synths for sale in their Pocket Operator series – unlike their big brother, they’re actually affordable. Synthtopia has a great write up on them.
- In this month’s 2-minute challenge, Ben makes some noise about, well, noise.