SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Universal Music Group
This week on SoundNotion we have little music but lots of lawyers. SoundCloud is looking to solve licensing, Sony/ATV threatens to pull out of ASCAP/BMI, the NEA budget gets slashed 8 million bucks, and the FCC has received 647K comments on Net Neutrality.
- This week on SoundNotion we announced a plan to switch to audio only for all podcasts on the SoundNotion network. What do you think? Let us know in comments below (or on Facebook or Twitter or YouTube comments).
- In a move meant to protect the company from being sued out of existence by the major record labels, SoundCloud is in talks to hand over up to 15 percent of the company to secure licensing agreements.
- Sony/ATV has threatened to pull their catalog from ASCAP and BMI if the new royalty standards on streaming music aren’t to their liking.
- In a bold move to balance the federal budget, the Republican controlled Interior Appropriations Subcommittee has approved an 8 million dollar cut the the NEA budget (5.5% drop in the NEA budget change is 0.0002% of the federal budget). Let your representative know what you think about this.
- FCC head dingo and Chairman Tom Wheeler says that the commission has received 647,000 responses during the open comment period for Net Neutrality. You’ve still got time to post your own comment (you can tweet at him as well).
- This week the music world says goodbye to three great (and very different) artists. Tommy Ramone (the last of the Ramones) dies at 65. Influential American jazz bassist Charlie Haden dies at 76. And being reported after our Sunday morning record time, legendary conductor Lorin Maazel dies at 84.
This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by composer-educator-business mogul-cultural ambassador Anthony Paul De Ritis. He brings his concerto for DJ and orchestra and some opinions on the week’s news.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion composer – educator – business mogul – cultural ambassador – Anthony Paul De Ritis joins the panel with his concerto for DJ. Sounds pretty Spooky.
- ASCAP recognizes 24 orchestras for adventurous programming.
- 12 composers honoured with commissions to write for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Check here to not read anything about them.
- Is resistance futile? Universal Music Group wants to assimilate EMI. Help us Locutus!
- Ned McGowan‘s has a new iPad concerto. Give it a listen, wait 12 years, and then read this article.
- Want to map your musical tastes? This is the Last Chart you’ll ever need.
- This week the music world loses Dee Dee Ramone and Pete Cosey.