SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Will Robin
Even the style-curmudgeons at the New York Times are throwing around terms like “alt-classical” and “indie-classical.” What do these terms mean? Are they valuable labels? Are any such labels helpful?
This week with guest composer Ricardo Lorenz-Labor issues with orchestraZZZZZZZZzzzzz, adding Secretary of Culture to 25th Amendment, arena opera, 8 new(York) pieces from Ethel PLUS Sondheim and SoundCloud.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Composer Ricardo Lorenz joins the panel this week. He’s got Sondheim in his piano, is irreverently reverent, PLUS – He helps us rewrite the 25th Amendment.
- NewMusicBox says SoundCloud is great. Also, it could lead to a Rap Cantata.
- “So what are you going to do with that degree?” 10 of 181 Guggenheim’s go to composers in 2012.
- The Louisville Orchestra stays on message as Minnesota hits hard times.
- Ethel gets behind new(York) music with a new recording.
- Seattle Opera to bring arena opera to the community.