SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Yevgeny Nikitin
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by singer, educator and self professed Luddite Paul Sperry. We discuss the foible of atonal vocal works, amplification, indeterminacy with Bruno Maderna, tattoo regret, and the week’s news.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by singer, educator and self professed Luddite Paul Sperry.
- A new study shows that popular music (what is that anyway) has gotten louder and more homogeneous over the last 50 years.
- Bang on a Can likes mics. Matthew Guerrieri is ambivalent.
- SHHH! Alexandra Coghlan at The Arts Desk ponders gender, age and who gets shushed at a concert.
- Yevgeny Nikitn steps aside at Bayreuth due to his “message problem.” Remember that tweets and tattoos are permanent.
- Sibelius users unite!
- Dan Visconti at NewMusicBox reviews a compositional video game. Think legos meet sequencer.